NACC : Network Automation using Contrail Cloud
- Duration: 5 Days
- Test Level: Intermediate
- Certifications: No Certification
- Price: USD 4750
- Exams: No Exam
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the need for SDN.
- Explain the main SDN concepts.
- Describe common types of SDN.
- Explain why the NFV architecture was created.
- Describe the main NFV components.
- Give examples of Virtualized Network Functions.
- Describe the purpose of OpenStack.
- Identify the function of each of the main OpenStack Projects.
- Use the OpenStack CLI.
- Describe OpenStack REST APIs and Python SDK.
- Use OpenStack Heat Orchestration Templates.
- Configure OpenStack using Horizon Web UI and Heat.
- Describe the purpose of Contrail and OpenContrail.
- Explain how versions of Contrail differ.
- Discuss Contrail related solutions.
- Describe the functions of the Contrail and OpenContrail vRouters.
- Describe the functions of the Contrail and OpenContrail SDN Controller.
- Explain the role of the control, configuration, and analytics nodes in Contrail and OpenContrail.
- Use Contrail and OpenContrail troubleshooting tools.
- Describe available Contrail and OpenContrail configuration methods.
- Configure Contrail Virtual DNS services.
- Create virtual networks.
- Create policies to control the flow of traffic.
- Use Contrail Configuration API.
- Explain how virtual and physical networks can be connected.
- Configure Floating IPs.
- Use physical gateway devices with Contrail.
- Configure physical devices with Device Manager.
- Use simple virtual gateway.
- Explain Docker integration with Contrail.
- Use BGP as a Service feature.
- Understand Load Balancing as a Service.
- Describe vRouter support for DPDK and SR-IOV.
- Understand Contrail Global Controller.
- Describe service chaining within Contrail.
- Understand service chains version 1 and version 2.
- Configure service chaining.
- Configure Source NAT.
- Understand details of service chain routing.
- Use routing policies.
- Explain the use of Docker containers in service chains.
- Describe Physical Network Function integration.
- Explain how to route traffic from physical network via Contrail and OpenContrail service chain.
- Explain the functions of Contrail Analytics.
- Describe how to work with the Monitor workspace.
- Discuss how to run flow queries and examine system logs.
- Use Contrail Analytics API.
- Work with Contrail Alarms.
- Understand how to analyze live traffic with Contrail and OpenContrail.
- Describe Underlay Overlay mapping.
- Explain pre-installation tasks and roles.
- Describe Contrail installation using Fabric scripts.
- Describe additional settings and operations.
- Describe installation process using Server Manager Lite.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: SDN Fundamentals
- The need for SDN
- SDN Explained
- OpenFlow Based SDN
- SDN as an Overlay
- SDN via API
- SDN for the WAN
Chapter 3: Network Function Virtualization
- Introduction to NFV
- NFV Architecture
- Examples of VNFs
Chapter 4: OpenStack Fundamentals
- OpenStack Overview
- OpenStack Projects
- Exploring OpenStack Installation and Using CLI
- Lab 1: Exploring OpenStack with the CLI
Chapter 5: OpenStack Configuration
- OpenStack Interface Options
- Using OpenStack Heat Templates
- OpenStack Configuration
- Lab 2: Configuring OpenStack
Chapter 6: Contrail Overview
- Contrail Use Cases
- Contrail Solution Overview
- Contrail Related Solutions
Chapter 7: Contrail Architecture Fundamentals
- Contrail Architecture Overview
- Contrail Management and Analytics
- Contrail Control Plane
- Contrail Data Plane
- Basic Contrail Troubleshooting
- Lab 3: Exploring and Troubleshooting the Contrail vRouter and SDN Controller
Chapter 8: Contrail Configuration Basics
- Contrail Configuration Methods
- vRouter Services
- Configuring Virtual Networks
- Configuring Network Policies and Security Groups
- Contrail API Python Library
- Lab 4: Virtual Networks and Policies
Chapter 9: Interacting with External Networks
- Connecting Virtual and Physical Networks
- Floating IPs
- Using Device Manager
- Configuring Simple Virtual Gateway
- Lab 5: Creating Floating IPs and Gateways
Chapter 10: Contrail Network Services
- Using Docker Containers
- BGP as a Service
- Load Balancing as a Service Overview
- vRouter Support for DPDK and SR-IOV
- Contrail Global Controller Overview
- Lab 6: Using Docker Containers with Contrail
Chapter 11: Contrail Service Chains
- Service Chaining Overview
- In-Network Service Chain and Configuration
- Transparent Service Chain and Configuration
- Configuring Source NAT
- Automating Service Chaining
- Lab 7: Creating Contrail Service Chains
Chapter 12: Advanced Service Chaining
- Advanced Operation
- Service Chain with Docker Containers
- Physical Network Function Integration
- NFV for ISP Case Study
- Lab 8: Advanced Service Chain Operation and Troubleshooting
Chapter 13: Contrail Monitoring and Analytics
- Analytics Overview
- Monitor > Infrastructure Workspace
- Monitor > Networking Workspace
- Flow Queries, Logs, and Statistics
- Configuring Contrail Analytics
- Analytics API
- Lab 9: Using Contrail Analytics
Chapter 14: Analyzing Network State and Traffic Flows
- Contrail Alarms
- Analyzing Live Traffic
- Underlay Overlay Mapping
- Lab 10: Analyzing Traffic Flows with Contrail Analytics
Appendix A: Contrail Installation
- Pre-Installation and Roles
- Installation using Fabric Scripts
- Additional Settings and Operations
- Installation using Server Manager Lite
- Lab 11: Installing Contrail
The prerequisites for this course are as follows:
- Basic TCP/IP skills;
- General understanding of data center virtualization;
- Basic understanding of the Junos operating system;
- Attendance of the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course prior to attending this class; and
- Basic knowledge of object-oriented programming and Python scripting is recommended.