Creating and Maintaining Optical Transport Services using the BTI7800 Series
- Duration: 2 Days
- Test Level: Intermediate
- Certifications: No Certification
- Price: -
- Exams: No Exam
This two-day BTI Systems Series 7800 operation, administration, provisioning, and maintenance course is designed for customers who are deploying the BTI Systems Series 7800 platform in their networks, and leveraging its 100G transport capabilities. This course introduces the student to the platform and its various hardware components, and leads the students through the commissioning process of the platform—from a brand new, factory-default system to a fully operational network with actual payload. The student will learn how to install, configure, provision, and monitor optical transport services on the platform. Periodic maintenance procedures will be reviewed, and collection of performance measurements will be demonstrated. The student will also perform alarm configuration and alarm condition handling, including troubleshooting procedures. This course is based on software release 1.6.
This course is for customers who are deploying the BTI Systems Series 7800 platform in their networks, and leveraging its 100G transport capabilities.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe BTI 7800 family hardware and software options.
- Identify required components of common equipment.
- Discuss chassis configuration, slot numbering, and main chassis interface options.
- Describe the role of BTI's proNX Management System (the PSM) to operate, administer, and maintain common equipment modules.
- Describe the process of installing common equipment components.
- Explain the wavelength conversion strategy.
- Install and provision service modules.
- Provision cross connects.
- Discover, query, and modify network elements (NE).
- Visualize and activate Optical services.
- Backup NE and manage databases.
- Collect performance statistics.
- Configure alarm notifications.
- Recognize and respond to network alarms.
- Monitor network performance.
- List required information for problem identification.
- Explain Service deployment process.
- Recognize and respond to alarms.
- 7800, 100G transport, Management
- Common Hardware (CMM, Power, Ventilation, comm)
- Access/Provisioning – PSM
- Lab – Access• Install clients for PSM• Log into the system• Set up User IDs• Create Management Ethernet access• Install / commission CMMs
- Optical – Application cards (UFMs, BICs)
- Lab - Optical• Determine the objectives• Fiber a Network
- Review Day 1
- Optical – Service cards (UFMs, BICs)
- Lab - Optical• Provision the cards• Provision the path• Test
- Amplifier – AMP1
- Lab – AMP1• Determine the objectives• Install the modules• Provision the cards• Fiber the path• Configure the network• Test
- Transport – Varieties and options
- Lab – Transport• Determine the objectives• Draw the architecture• Provision the cards• Fiber the path• Configure the network• Test
- Maintenance and Troubleshooting
Students should have a basic understanding of Fiber Optics, Ethernet and IP networking and they should also be proficient in basic PC operation and application.